Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Microsoft teams freezing during video calls -

Looking for:

Microsoft teams freezing during video calls -  













































   

 

Microsoft teams freezing during video calls. The most common Microsoft Teams problems, and how to fix them



 

I've restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled Teams and nothing seems to be helping. It's incredibly frustrating. Products 68 Special Topics 42 Video Hub Most Active Hubs Microsoft Teams. Security, Compliance and Identity.

Microsoft Edge Insider. Microsoft FastTrack. Microsoft Viva. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Showing results for.

Show only Search instead for. Did you mean:. Sign In. Occasional Contributor. Looking forward to an early resolution of the issue. Thanks, Vik. Labels: Labels: Microsoft Teams. Tags: Microsfoft Teams issue. Vikram Romana. Hi Henry, where i be able to make the change: " So he can try clicking on the video feed button with the continous arrows around it, to switch source, if this is even an option and see if it helps " Kindly update me accordingly..

For a call it will look something like this in the bottom right hand corner: Thanks Henry. Thanks, Vikram. So feel free to give the above a try, it might just work for you too. I believe it is a Windows 10 device. I will check the Make and Model of the Laptop as well. Any suggestions that will help in the resolution of this at the earliest would be appreciated.

Hi Vikram Romana , Sorry to hear that you are still struggling. I reread your post and see that you mentioned uninstalling the drivers, just to confirm did you uninstall the device completely, such as clicking on the below highlighted option: So you want it so there is nothing listed, then reboot and it should pick up again based on the latest drivers you have. Updated all the windows drivers from the manufacturer and running the latest Teams version.

Wondered if others are on VPN when this happens or not? Tags: tting the same ussye. Jan-Willem van Vaneveld. Video works for approx 2 seconds and freezes. Hi Jan-Willem van Vaneveld , The only thing that resolved the specific issue of the Camera working for a split second and then freezing was to uninstall, so not just uninstall drivers or update drivers, but uninstall the device and let it detect again.

HenryPhillipsNimbitech I tried this with device manager but it does not help. Tags: bug. Kind Regards. How satisfied are you with this reply? Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site. In reply to. Tech's post on August 21, Tha's odd, Have you tried to restart your computer? If still doesn't want to be installed after you have restarted your computer then please consider using 3rd party uninstaller software. I got it to uninstall. I am downloading and will reinstall shortly.

I reinstalled. Teams is still freezing. It freezes within 30 minutes of use. The specs of this computer more than meet the minimum requirements for running Teams on the desktop. Hey I have the same problem.. Michelle Weidema. Details required :. Cancel Submit. SergioA Independent Advisor. Hi Timo, I'm Sergio, it's a pleasure to help you. You should clarify the problem causes, please answer me: 1. What happen if you use the Teams web app preferably the last update of Edge or Chrome?

Do you have pending Windows updates to execute? Do you have pending driver updates to execute from the device manufacturer site? Can you verify your hardware resources use when you stop the screen sharing? How satisfied are you with this reply? Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

 


Weird issue with video freezing in Teams - RESOLVED - SocialShazza.The most common Microsoft Teams issues, and how to fix them | Digital Trends



 

Whereas he can see the video of the user on the other end. This has only started to arise 2 weeks ago. Prior to that it was working fine. Any assistance on this will be greatly appreciated. At the start of the video call, the user gets an error "Video isn't working.

We couldn't use your webcam for video". View best response. Hi, I get this too. And in my case for it to work I have to switch to another video source feed. It is essentially the one web cam but it only seems to work with one of the many web cam software programs I have, which is probably the cause.

So you can try clicking on the video feed button with the continous arrows around it, to switch source, if this is even an option and see if it helps? I know you shouldn't have to but if this rings true I think basically it is not coping in situations that multiple camera software is installed. The only way it works for me is by way of XSplit Cam, even though that is ultimately using the Logitech Camera. I am going to reset my Windows installation soon just to see if that puts me back to an expected working state on the camera front and then install the software one by one to see at what point it breaks.

Thanks Henry. Vikram Romana In a meet now can you see the camera option to the right of turning video on or off. If present, this is what will allow you to change between different sources. I am experiencing the same issue with a number of my users, all on a Lenovo Laptop with the latest Windows 10 installed. I experience this issue on the following version and hardware wise I am using a Surface Laptop Which led me to believe the disablement of EnableFrameServerMode registry change would do the trick but for me it just makes it not freeze but equally not even start at all:.

I also noticed that the above fix was suggested for a similar issue reported after the anniversary update way back in Interesting to note that my external Logitech cam works fine through its camera software but not if directly being interacted with, by way way of Teams.

So my only working method at present is the Logitech camera by way of XSplit's Camera Software and then using that as my source in Teams, not ideal but better than nothing. I have raised this via the Feedback hub app in Windows 10 and raised a support case with Microsoft Store as my device is under warranty, just in case I can get some help on the hardware side of things.

I have tried latest drivers, firmware, Reset Window 10, reinstalled Windows 10, you name it. It just makes no difference. I will endeavour to update this thread should I find anything more conclusive. I did also noticed an entry of personify in the camera list, alongside the expected built in one.

That was not present. So when I plug my Logitech back in I will see if that shows at any point and if when showing things still work. Ok thanks for the update Henry. Hopefully it resolves my issue. I will update you once i have done that. I have also Rolled Back the Driver, Updated the driver and also applied the latest Windows updates but still the same error mentioned above. I reread your post and see that you mentioned uninstalling the drivers, just to confirm did you uninstall the device completely, such as clicking on the below highlighted option:.

So you want it so there is nothing listed, then reboot and it should pick up again based on the latest drivers you have. Do you see a Frameserver event in the event logs? Would you be able to post a screenshot of your cameras in device manager please?

Getting the same issues too. Several of my work colleagues are getting this happening. Sometimes the only way to fix is to rapidly turn the camera on and off several times. We run the latest drivers and Teams version.

We tried disabling GPU in Teams settings. Clearing all of the Teams caches seems to work for a week or 2, but it will return. Is there a way for MS to fix this? THis issue does not happen when they use Cisco webex or Zoom.

The only thing that resolved the specific issue of the Camera working for a split second and then freezing was to uninstall, so not just uninstall drivers or update drivers, but uninstall the device and let it detect again. I also removed all other references to Cameras. This was done via Device Manager. If it was the same as what I had, it was not just Teams, but any Windows app making using of the camera.

So if you launch the Camera app and switch to video in Windows 10 you will see the same thing, so not just Teams specific.

I tried this with device manager but it does not help. In the previous version it wasn;t that bad anymore but with 1. Drives me nuts. The Camera app does NOT have this issue at our notebooks. We discovered that our issue is somehow caused by Teams. We tried everything: new drivers for all hardwarecompnents. In my oppinion MS should investigate soon whats causing this and update! HenryPhillipsNimbitech After months of trying to figure out the solution to this problem, this did it for me!

Thank you! Notably, I also had the "Personify Virtual Camera" in my list and removing it fixed the issue. This device is a remnant of having ChromaCam installed but apparently was not removed when I uninstalled ChromaCam. Products 68 Special Topics 42 Video Hub Most Active Hubs Microsoft Teams.

Security, Compliance and Identity. Microsoft Edge Insider. Microsoft FastTrack. Microsoft Viva. Core Infrastructure and Security. Education Sector. Microsoft PnP. AI and Machine Learning. Microsoft Mechanics. Healthcare and Life Sciences.

Small and Medium Business. Internet of Things IoT. Azure Partner Community. Microsoft Tech Talks. MVP Award Program. Video Hub Azure. Microsoft Business. Microsoft Enterprise. Browse All Community Hubs.

Turn on suggestions. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Showing results for. Show only Search instead for. Did you mean:. Sign In. Occasional Contributor. Looking forward to an early resolution of the issue. Thanks, Vik. Labels: Labels: Microsoft Teams. Tags: Microsfoft Teams issue. Vikram Romana. Hi Henry, where i be able to make the change: " So he can try clicking on the video feed button with the continous arrows around it, to switch source, if this is even an option and see if it helps " Kindly update me accordingly..

For a call it will look something like this in the bottom right hand corner: Thanks Henry. Thanks, Vikram. So feel free to give the above a try, it might just work for you too.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment